Sunday, May 18, 2008

Before the Buzz

Since I've been talking about history in my Inland Empire blog, I might as well talk about history here too.

I started playing NTN games such as Countdown probably around 2002, but Aimster (The Harness Kid) has been playing for a longer time:

I've been playing since the late 90's when it was called NTN Trivia (they changed the name to Buzztime a couple years ago). Been a Players Plus member (where you can earn points and compete for prizes and stuff) since 2002.

(By the way, I couldn't find a site for Aimster, but Midnight the Wonderpup has a MySpace page.)

But regarding the name, here's what Yahoo's company profile says:

The company was founded in 1983 as Alroy Industries and changed its name to NTN Communications, Inc. in 1985. Further, the company changed its name to NTN Buzztime, Inc. in 2005.

Well, Alroy Industries goes way, way back. Way back:

NTN Communications, Inc. was originally incorporated under the name Alroy Industries, Inc., and the original Certificate of Incorporation of the corporation was filed with the Secretary of State of the State of Delaware on April 13, 1984.

blog comments powered by Disqus