Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The whole other NTN Buzztime world - Cadaco's NTN Buzztime card game

I concentrate on the restaurant/bar offerings of NTN/Buzztime so much that I usually end up ignoring the other offerings with which the company is associated.

Lynn Little at BellaOnline doesn't suffer from this myopia:

This fun restaurant trivia game network is now a fun card game. There are four Buzztime Trivia decks, each featuring a different theme. The NTN Buzztime TV Trivia offers 200 questions about television throughout the years. The card game can be played individually, with other players, or in groups.

The game itself comes from Cadaco, a company that has been around for a while:

Seventy years isn't ancient by most standards...but it is in the toy business! We're proud to say CADACO is one of America's oldest toy and game companies, and certainly one of the most colorful. To this day, we remain a family owned company, and look back fondly on the trials and successes that have made us what we are today.

It all began in 1935, when Donald Mazer, a sports enthusiast and game lover, and Charles Berlsheimer, a businessman and investor, teamed up to form their own game company. They called the company "CADACO," an acronym for "Charles and Don and Company." Their first office was modest: a rented garage in San Leandro, California.


Unfortunately, Cadaco seems to be reworking their website, so I can't access the official Cadaco information on the product. See Lynn Little's post for more information.

This is actually available on Amazon, and I have my own Amazon storefront thingie (did you see my June promotion?), but rather than me posting this on my site, I encourage you to go to Lynn Little's page and buy it from her.

blog comments powered by Disqus