Wednesday, May 27, 2009

NTN Buzztime and communities

While this post is being added to my Empoprise-NTN blog, its applicability actually goes well beyond those who are interested in NTN Buzztime trivia. Many people, including myself, have noted how the prevalence of social media has degraded the meaning of terms such as "friend." However, in some cases, the use of the term truly applies. While NTN Buzztime is not a classic online-only social media experience, it certainly does involve the use of technology, and therefore it's appropriate to note that long-standing players can often form true friendships. If you don't believe me, read this post from Stacy. It begins as follows:

For the first time in a very long time my husband and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings in West St. Paul this past weekend. I was told by one of the bar patrons that two people who used to frequent BW3s when I did had passed away. I was in shock. I thought I would share brief thoughts about both men who were always chipper and had such positive attitudes: Lango and Jams.

Read the rest of her post to see her thoughts on Lango and Jams.

The NTN Buzztime page for the Buffalo Wild Wings in West St. Paul is at http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_site.php?sid=6036. I could not find a player page for either LANGO or JAMS, but I did find a profile for SMOKE.

blog comments powered by Disqus