Thursday, September 3, 2009

NTN Buzztime at Tequila Hoppers is educational

It's probably a good idea for someone who blogs on a topic to actually engage in the topic in question. And I hadn't played NTN Buzztime trivia in months. I tried to on August 12, but my local bar (Tequila Hoppers, Upland, California) was closed due to an emergency.

Well, I had an opportunity to play tonight, and Tequila Hoppers was open. I stayed for an hour and got three games in - one 1/2 hour 15-question Countdown game, and two 1/4 hour 10-question Buzztime trivia games. By far I did best on the Countdown game, scoring 11,583 points (out of 15,000) and ranking #47 on the network. My performance on the Buzztime games was less than stellar, however - I didn't even make the 6,000 point (out of 10,000) minimum in the first game.

It looks like NTN Buzztime has made some significant improvements in their presentation since I last played. For example, when I got three perfect 1,000 scores in a row in my Countdown game, the screen announced this to the local crowd. (Not that they noticed, for reasons that will become apparent.) A similar announcement was made when I extended my streak to five perfect 1,000 scores. I've never seen anything like that before.

But if you think that playing NTN Buzztime at a bar is frivolous fun, I have to assure you that it's educational. For example, I learned that the cooking product PAM was not named after a person named Pam, but actually stands for "Product of Arthur Meyerhoff," the inventor of PAM. (See this post in my Empoprise-BI business blog for more details.)

And I also learned that three bikini-clad waitresses can fit on a mechanical bull, but that was more of a function of Tequila Hoppers than NTN Buzztime.




The picture above was NOT taken at Tequila Hoppers this evening. After all, there was only one woman on this bull. But you get the idea.

I'll share a little bit more about Tequila Hoppers in a post on my Empoprise-IE Inland Empire blog.

blog comments powered by Disqus