Tuesday, April 7, 2009

NTN Buzztime's lack of visibility

Now there are certain things that are only known by a small subset of people. One of those is NTN Buzztime, a company that is fighting to get restaurants and bars to sign up for its product, and a company that is fighting for customers to play it.

As part of my preparation for this blog, I subscribe to various Google searches that help me find every mention of NTN Buzztime in a blog or news item. And let me tell you, there aren't all that many mentions of NTN Buzztime.

But recently I tried adding a few new searches, and they seem to be hitting the jackpot. For example, I found this post at Ryan Hochrad's blog:

Also while we were at Buffalo Wild Wings we played this really cool trivia game which connects to people all around the nation playing. It had a lot of different build in games but we played the trivia game which was being shown on the TV screen. Let me tell you that my team stunk and did not do to well on any of the sections, but hey, it was fun anyway.

Now Ryan is clearly enthused about NTN Buzztime. The only problem is, he doesn't know it. He knows it as "this really cool trivia game" that he plays at Buffalo Wild Wings. Now while that's great for Buffalo Wild Wings, it's not necessarily so great for NTN Buzztime, who is trying to get brand recognition.

blog comments powered by Disqus