Friday, February 20, 2009

Empoprise-NTN High Noon - Paddy's Pub (Pahrump, NV)

Well, this one was a challenge.

I figured that I'd continue the Deep Springs College theme that I started in previous posts, and answer the question - if you're a Deep Springs College student and, at the end of a long week, you want to go off to a bar and answer trivia questions about Locke or alfalfa or whatever, where do you go?

(Ignore the fact that California and Nevada have a minimum drinking age of 21. Bear with me here.)

As I've mentioned previously, Deep Springs College is located in Deep Springs, California, a place so remote that Deep Springs' mailing address is actually in Nevada.

Not that this inconvenient truth stopped me from searching for a nearby NTN Buzztime site. Using the NTN Buzztime Site Finder, I tried to find an NTN Buzztime location within 100 miles of Deep Springs, California.

And found nothing.

So does this mean that Deep Springs students are out of luck? No, because, in the words of a student at a fictional educational institution: "Road trip!"

Bishop (42 miles away) obviously isn't the solution, and Beatty (105 miles away) isn't the solution either, but the dedicated Deep Springs triviac can travel to Pahrump (179 miles) and go to Paddy's Pub.

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_site.php?sid=29908



View Larger Map

blog comments powered by Disqus